Thursday, July 12, 2012


IMAGES

I had this fear of seasons
until i learned that it is not
seasons but we change
on crosses and lines

I had this fear of dark spots
of brain cells which create
shadows until i learned
that it is not brain cells
but we change on ink marks
of manipulations

Saturday, April 10, 2010

There is ample of time in this earth
for you to leave
where in this station train is late;
As usual,
That tunnel of darkness exists in between
where you find no arch lights but oil lamps
to remind you that no one waits
with begging bowls
to receive droplets of your mercy.
Is it me I see in that Mirror?
Or a reflection?
That one
from the assorted table
Lies in thousand miles away
In millions, from time to time
On changed identities
It reappears- Reflections
Mirror images
Destined…
And you find not me or one stone.
In covered  stone pockets
of earthen layers
I planted Ocimum Sanctum

Friday, April 9, 2010

Where I lost senses
the sixth one I search
the uncommon
the unfamiliar
not a common enigma
a sense layered on dust
You did not have one
that sense of the common
so question not unfavorables
I search for the uncommon
the Sixth one
E.S.P
Extra Sensory Perception

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Those stinging arrows were lethal
more severe those blows
from the self possessed coffins
nailed on beliefs of eras not known.
Both danced on my mortal remains
to remind me in my mornings
that change is not a word they love
Present, a gift of the Past.....
wrapped on blocks of ruins
Repugnance, Curses, blows
Justice a blind scale..
hangs above like a sword....

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

X FACTOR

Alchemy of X
twenty fourth letter- Alphabet - X 
Number 10 in Roman scales
Number of Diego Armando Maradona
and his hand gloved goal  
Nadia's perfect Gymnastic 10
X  Ray -Electro magnetic radiation
Of short wavelength
Can pass through opaque hearts
How many X tensions in your synthetic heart
How many Xs
Alchemy of X - Xylophone

Monday, April 5, 2010

I was honest,
loyal to my mind
which traveled hand in hand
from Sabarmati to Dandi
up to the shores of Arabian Sea
to find salt
From earthen stations fired Agni,
traveled in space shuttle
like an astronaut
to find nothing but truth;
and I find it, Truth! flavour of salt
Incredible

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Was he an extremist?
Bhagat Singh…
When I hold tricolor
I feel free…
But not free from the thoughts
of that golden word - Freedom
to trust that I am free
from one past- struggle
of years roll over history books
framed on labels, editorials
Was he an extremist?
Bhagat Singh
may be….
Gandhi was not.....
both were killed
one by enemies
and the other by friends…

Monday, March 22, 2010

CLASSIFICATIONS

My blood- not elite
not middle, nor it is lower
Red, the colour of it I see, feel
When in wounds and in heart
that pumps through ventricles
upto the brain...
a mix of chemicals, fluids
I step out and watch this earth
How green all around
Its axis firm; got a class
Monuments are built on brains
Classes too…
Beliefs too
But an ocean can not be build
On brains,
Brains behind brains
Beyond class
Beyond oceans
Beyond all elements
Who made that class?
Not me…

Saturday, March 20, 2010

PARADISE

From the mountain caves of one 
disconnected world
they march forward, in groups
as framed up companions
to safeguard honour
of the not so honourable
fanatics...
from the valley of river sindhu
they creep in with sting arrows,
in pitch dark masks
aim explosives at well lit dawns...
bring death bells, coffins
and white lillies...


Kashmir a tear drop...
Paradise??  (Lost)  on Earth....

Thursday, March 18, 2010

EIC

EIC,
You are not the custodian
of my life or my Computer
That is my world
I shape, create and dye (or die)
do not please interfere
Epics you play, if you wish
again and again
history shows you hold
that class-lables
I don't have labels
Casablanca, Mont blank
Or Haldi, that was first
a loss or profit
weigh it on
You read it, sounds strange
Labels I create not for show
but for me, simple ones
with no heavy accents
Like the strings of my Veena
It breaks and new ones
I get from `Sounds’
melodious,
In stain less steel, to amplify
You acting EIC
Weigh not humans
on uneven mountains,
black mail not them
sting not them
through stains of haldi
Instead edit your life
edit first your black spots....
Not so wise - Editor in Chief



 



(A Fountain Pen)

HOLY CROSS

Jesus, you showed him
how to be in Cross
he learned not you;
still holds
that pacific full of blue
in his unholy hands.
Jesus, you taught him
not to steal
but he listened not you
he casts shadows
all around this earth of mine;
his confessions,
a mask, a refined act,
a drape on his unfinished sins
He robs, he steals and he sells
the stolen souls....
Claims he you
Jesus, crucify him not
Let him grow, grow
but not on your holy cross
he deserves not that
he is not human
he is Blue
Pacific Blue

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

REPUDIATION

My PC
bought out of hard earned,
not brought home
on the stolen visions of Oceania
It is dissimilar...
faith that of Indus,
boundless beyond the skies and seas
where sages born,
a confluence of cultures,
and in that confluence
you find no time
to sting or aim your arrows;
Silly faith, bring not your basket
of weeds and flails
come not near Himalayas
claim not Canberra- the highest peak
write not in hStory books
Perth the capital of Mount Everest....

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

TRIBUTE

Dare you place your hands on her robes again?
Dushassan, dare you? place your unclean hands
Dare you laugh  at the misery of a princess;
Karna, dare you order to disgrace the grace
dare you Duryodhan to dishonor
the honour of a kingdom.
Dare you knowledgeable
dare you sit silent again;
bow your heads in shame
and sit there in the assembly;
honour that crown king Duryodhan
Shame on you…..



Saturday, March 13, 2010

100 Times or More

Look at them my Lord;
it is you who have allowed
them to bring army
and Akshouhanies.
Like King Jarasandh of Magadh
they will repeat hiStory
100 times or more??????

Friday, March 12, 2010

SHADOWS

They try to frame me in one shadow,
shadow of a giant rain tree
tell me, which shadow I embrace
when I can go to light..straight,
a lane across my house
he waits.....
Chandramoulishwar....
in one sanctum of fifteen gods
or to the one who dances
on Kaliyas....
from feign shadows I walked past
to step in to one world  
and that world is mine
only mine....
you fake shadows
go away....



Monday, March 8, 2010

SUPERFICIAL


They will come again from a land of sunset
showing glorious mountains and flowering valleys
Behind the masks in mist of winter
They come and go
Stealing moon beam from sky
and gems from ocean
In voyages they frame portraits
In gold, shape mystic gods of Greece
From Latin they translate words
With hidden meanings
And in pages of gifted DNAs
they paint colors of changing seasons
They come go

Unplugged on any object
Like waves in ocean……



Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jewels

When I tried to  open one door
I find it bolted from outside
Blocked or bolted?????
Autonomous decisions,
Choice of gate crashers
Let me dust up my memory line
and dream of a few jewels
from the heart of Thyagaraja
GOVARDAN

Look at me where I stand now
Fighting one year with no arms and army
But with one flute, in one tiny finger
A mountain stood above me with no fear
Govardan…...
I am tired, tired hard of conflicts
Tired hard of pains and tired of this world
From chimes of wind to one forlorn promontory
my thoughts traveled across a roaring ocean
My songs were in sea shells,
In one rock cave, where a saint meditated
Long long ago to find God
He found one and gave me one
A replica, a fearless one in hues of autumn
In one forlorn promontory, in one confluence
I heard speeches from Chicago like an echo
You are Karna
Of a blind kingdom- Hastinpur
The King, blind
His sons, blinded narcissists
Worshiped their lone images
in uncertain lakes,
Loved not any one
Loved only their images
You are Jayadrada
Who trapped fearless Abhimanyu
In chakravyuh,
You are Karna of Hastinpur,
a manipulator
from a mountain of mist
I agree, I wash my laundry with my hands
in my private washing base
It is fashion, I know to do it first in public
It is fashion of a kind like in page number fifty seven
or from ladies coupe to veins on their thighs
There was a tear
a tear of honesty in fifty seven
but a stench, a rotten frame in ladies coupe
May be when that imported immortals supplement
Machine full of lather, it is easy to wash
Linens in public, a kind of fashion
In exclusive page numbers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

REDEMPTION


From a tower of silence, I climbed down
to fill my blank, empty page
time floated above me, redeemed, lifeless
I reached to a timeless zone...
I redeemed my burdens

Friday, February 19, 2010

NEW BORN


In autumn, I came out
from a womb of courage
My rebirth.....

Saturday, February 13, 2010

TERMINAL

I thought this world rolled in prints,
prints of multi million colours
It appeared so from the visionless dusty mirror images
In three sixty five days
I fought in search of a wheel
Eroded on sharp edges, its shine disappeared
In that final destination
A year rolled over a terminal of life and dreams
In one empty corridor death waited
in silent footsteps...

Thursday, February 11, 2010

PHOENIX

I thought I turned into an empty page
Day hit me hard on my forehead
Dark nights conspired from behind
Both struggled in open for my silence
Wounds of past and present
clogged in my blood stream.
My brain, a storage unit
of all memories; good and bad
emerged from  ashes like a phoenix
The pessimist in me died...

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

ISU


I was in ISU, 
for a while, on dissection
my B+ive blood, a survivor
of many encounters,
in gardens we survive
not exactly on sixty feet claims
I missed not that dead time of my
V guard clock,
Gifted long ago by a friend
It’s cells leaked, out of form, out of time
A tar like substance in black
My coffee mugs were empty
and on the last day of December
I missed not any one
Except my mother
She too was in ISU
Oh! No, in ICU….
ISU - Intensive Sick Unit
PUNCTUATION

I have learned at last
not to roll on emotions
of  an out dated destiny,
that time now turns
around  me and near
my computer monitor
as an external satellite
I have learned at last to punctuate
equally on equations
for which I cried in past,
long time ago.
Through cities and bookshops
continents conspire,
in streets, I find masterpieces,
prints for Indian sub continent
my last drop of faith in humanity
drained through a time zone..

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LET THEM NOT INTERFERE

I can not rhyme like them
Nor I can haunt like them
I will not print my books
in volumes nor do I ask
any one to store it in  
their dusty shelves
Their stage and that dais of fame
raise no heartbeats in me
those rhymes of copper tin bargain
for sale or for show
let me not ask any more,
let me not question
what lies behind those masks
of rhymes
No!  I can not rhyme
like them nor I can haunt
like them
No humble claims from me
on my forehead that
I stand on the centre point
of this universe
let me play  music
and let them not interfere.....






Saturday, January 30, 2010

SILENT WORLD

They came from alien
strange planets with swords
and marched towards earth
to fight and end in a silent world
of shadows
JUNE

It is raining
all around me
like in June
It is raining
from the skyroof
from clouds
like their endless
tears
it is raining
in oceans, in earth
it is raining
like in June
all around me

Thursday, January 28, 2010

SUNSET

I can see that shadow falling
again on my doorstep
blocking fresh air and rains
standing right in front
and this time, this moment,
I allow that shadow
to fall behind
straight on a sunset..

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

STREAM OF LIFE

Let me not chain my words
let them flow like a stream
let me not silence my songs,
from the doors of heaven
like a fresh stream of rain

let them break open

Friday, January 22, 2010

EYES

Their eyes were in sea shores
of alien islands to capture
and censure the feelings
of its innocent inmates
they forgot but  to look back in their eyes
and censure their own black marks

Thursday, January 21, 2010

EQUATIONS

It is time up to draw that ultimate line
and take away my dreams to a safer seashore
far far away from those fake souls and synthetic hearts
It is time up to draw that final line
and take away my soul far  far away
from noisy curses and dusty mountains
It is time, it is time to scale, to return
grace and disgrace in equal measures....
DISTANCE

Faithful maid.....stay there eternally
but stay away from my green forests,
from my dawns and valleys
and stay far far away from my golden sea shores

Faithful maid, go away with your dishonest faith
and stay there long, long and long
but cast not curses on my temple bells
and songs of origin

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

ULTIMATUM


What does it matter when I stand on my feet
straight up to a mountain peak and from there
to the other end of a sea shore and further and further
up to the extending hands of a horizon.
what does it matter this earth is round or horizontal
when I stand on my feet deep down in  a valley
and inhale the fragrance of fresh rains and forests
and nothing matters ultimately when I am fearless....
PAPER RIVER


Let me see how long they write
in threatening ink diluted of water
thin like a paper river,
no longer there is fear
in my mind or in my ever pure soul
let me see how long they immerse
their emptiness in paper rivers

No comments:

Post a Comment